Approval Criteria (Please note the approval process may take 3 – 5 business days, provided you include all the required documents with your application)
Each applicant, 18 years of age and older who will reside at the property, must submit a separate application. The application fee for each person is $50. The application fee is refundable only if the application is unconditionally approved, the house you applied for is no longer available, and you are unable to find another house that meets your needs. A one-time administrative fee will be required to be paid along with the security deposit. (This is a one-time, non-refundable fee and is a single charge per lease for the whole group. This fee amount may vary by location*)
- 1. Favorable Rent History – Including not currently bound to an existing lease longer than 30 days.
- 2. Favorable Work History (Click HERE to view our documentation requirements for proof of income)
- 3. Show an ability to pay (Currently a minimum of three (3) times monthly rent in gross income – Note: We reserve the right to adjust this minimum based on the number of applicant’s liabilities)
- 4. A credit report will be obtained on all applicants to verify credit ratings. Income plus verification of credit history will be entered into a credit scoring model to determine rental eligibility and security deposit levels. This credit scoring model will include positive and negative payment history for lines of credit, usage of credit, credit history, credit availability, inquiry history, and student loans. Unfavorable accounts which will negatively influence this score include, but are not limited to: collections, foreclosures, charge-off, repossession, absence of credit, and current delinquency. Debt to a previous landlord and open bankruptcies will result in an automatic denial of the application. (Click HERE to view our TransUnion ResidentScore Criteria)
- 5. A criminal background check that reveals no offenses that could lead to safety issues for the home or the neighbors near the home. We consider the type of offense, the severity of the offense, and the length of time since the offense occurred. (Click HERE to view our Criminal Policy)
If you apply and are approved, but the house you applied for is not available, and you cannot find another home you would like to rent from us, we will refund your application fee.
BEFORE YOU GET STARTED! Please make sure and read the above qualifications. Also, there is a point in the application where we will need you to upload information like Picture of ID or Drivers’ License, paystubs, or bank statements into the system. It would be helpful for you to have any information you think we will need available to upload.
*Administration fee by location:
- $200 for Atlanta, Colorado, Nashville, and Mufreesboro locations
- $100 for Birmingham, Chattanooga, and Little Rock locations